Greetings. I’m Jeff Johnson and I founded Digital Ruby in 2009 in order to learn how to run a software company, teach myself mobile programming and expand my skills and knowledge. I craft iOS apps, websites and server software.
My latest blog post:
Aug 30, 2014
Download DRColorPicker on github now!
I’m pleased to announce that I am open-sourcing the color picker I built for You Doodle under the MIT license. I call this the DRColorPicker (Digital Ruby Color Picker).
DRColorPicker is a world class color picker for iOS. Here is a list of the features:
- Supports any resolution, portrait and landscape, and works on iPhone and iPad
- Allows favorite colors, recent colors, colors by hue, color wheel or import of texture
- Color wheel shows the RGB color and allows changing the color by typing an RGB value
- Alpha of color can be changed
- State is saved and loaded automatically to / from a JSON file, textures are saved to files
- Textures can be stored in JPEG 2000 (default) or PNG
- Texture de-duplication ensures that only one version of each texture is stored
- Favorites can be managed by long-tapping on a color
- Imports colors from the NEO Color Picker automatically
- Works great on iOS 6 and iOS 7 (and iOS 8).
- iOS 6 or greater
- ARC enabled for the color picker source code
- Modules enabled for the project (i.e. @import …)
To use the color picker in your project, simply add the DRColorPickerExample/DRColorPicker folder to your iOS project. The DRColorPickerExample folder contains a sample project with a view controller that will show you how to setup and display the color picker.
- Introducing DRColorPicker for iOS
- How to split a string in SQL Server the right way
- The Power of Batching
- Google Penalty – Why removing links probably won’t help you
- Get a CDN (Content Delivery Network) Immediately
- Wimshire – Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls
- iOS StoreKit Receipt Verification and Validation
- All Code is an API – One Insight on How to Design Good Interfaces in Programming
- Quick and dirty profiling for iOS
- Why You May Not Need a Schedule
- To the Cliffs – What Happens After the First Week for a New iOS App
- TexturePacker – A Fast and Easy Utility to Create Spritesheets
- The Cheapest Best Dedicated Server
- The Price is Right
- iAd vs AdMob
- Birdshot is now on the iOS App Store!
- Manual Penalty or Bad Search Algorithm?
- Bird Flight is now on the iOS App Store
- You Doodle – Now With Fleksy Integration
- No Silver Bullet
- Sage Advice from Quark
- Flappy Bird, Super Ball Juggling and Shuriken Block – Oh My
- New You Doodle Icon
- Solving the iOS App Store Search Problem
- Does Your App Icon REALLY Matter That Much?