Welcome to Digital Ruby! We are a software company that specializes in Mobile Apps and Server Software.
Nov 25, 2013
This icon is even more bizarre when looking at it on an iPod touch or iPhone. You have to squint real close to see what the heck is going on there. I think this is getting people to download the app because they are about the #45 most download app on the iOS app store (as of Nov 24, 2013).
If you read the description of their app, it’s only a few lines long. There’s no fake review plugs or other marketing gimmicks to try and brainwash the user to download the app. Just a crazy icon that is bizarre enough to drive downloads. Tap the icon there to go download the app and see for yourself how bizarre it is.
- Does Your App Icon REALLY Matter That Much?
- Factorials, Meetings and a Visual
- iOS Hardware and Model Version Numbers
- The iOS App Store has a Spam Problem
- As it Matters in Battle
- My thoughts on the Aviary (Image Editor SDK)
- Muggles and Wizards
- Meeting a Childhood Hero
- What is “nofollow” and Why Should You Care?
- The New AdMob Might Break Your Mobile Apps
- Putting Ads in You Doodle
- Unity3d Conference
- iAd Workbench (for the Little Guys)
- Extreme Airplane Turbulence
- What Makes a Great Mobile App?
- Playing around with Apple’s App Store Data and NoSQL Databases and Some Random Fun Facts
- Props to Amazon Customer Service
- What not to do in Customer Service (Flickr)
- My Horrifying Experience with Google AdMob
- SSD Prices Keep Going Down
- You Doodle Plus Approved
- You Doodle Update
- Logging full NSException stack traces to your server
- My You Doodle Journey
- Translating Resource Files