Unity Plugins

Welcome to my Unity assets. Please let me know of any feedback or bug reports.

Return Policy: If you are not amazingly satisfied for any reason within 14 days of purchase and I can’t fix your problem, contact me with your order information for a full refund.

Weather Maker – 2D and 3D Weather System
Procedural Lightning – GPU Based, Highly Robust
Fingers – Simple yet Powerful Gestures for Unity
Magic Mirror Reflection – Great Performance
Fast Line Renderer – Line & Particle System on the GPU
Pyro Particles – Fire and Spell Effects!
Rain Maker with Advanced Lighting
guest

177 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
Stuart
Stuart
2 years ago

Hi Jeff, love the lightning generator. I may have found a bug, though. I was using the lightning mesh generator to create different coloured lightning effects and glows. I noticed, however, if I have several different game objects in a scene with the mesh surface script attached, adding multiple children under a single game object with different coloured variations to turn on and off seemed to change the colours on all of the surface lightning on all of the other game objects in the scene, even tho their instances of the script were just set to the regular blue lightning.… Read more »

Craig Snape
Craig Snape
3 years ago

Hi Jeff

Just purchased weather maker and on install to unity 2017.2 got many errors, “weathermaker lightningboltscript could not be found, weathermakermanagerscript, weathermakerpropertytransition, singleclampattribute, weathermakertransitiongroupweight, all could not be found and says are you missing an assembly reference? also vr settings has been moved and renamed. Please advise on what to do, kind regards

Craig

Ali hasnain
Ali hasnain
3 years ago

Can i use Pyro particles in android game

is it having Copyrights???

Philipp
Philipp
3 years ago

Hi, one very important question:

What’s the shortcut for “Enable Movement” in Weather Maker Demo Scene?

Philipp
Philipp
3 years ago
Reply to  Philipp

Ok its “M” like Movement… ­čÖé

Goncalo Pereira
Goncalo Pereira
3 years ago

Hello,

I have two compiler errors with the Weather asset. I cannot find the support e-mail.

Can you please help?

Christian Enfors
Christian Enfors
3 years ago

I’ve have used your amazing assets “pyro effects” on Unity for quite some time now and it is truly amazing. But recently I found out that if you use them in combination with Unity’s own Particle pack (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/73777) the there is a fatal crash and Unity crash every time. Is this something you are aware of and do you know if there is a fix?

Thanks a bunch / Christian

Christian Enfors
Christian Enfors
3 years ago
Reply to  jjxtra

Hmm… My projects very large so i think it could be a problem. You can’t reproduce the issue on your end with just the assets store asset of unity particles and your own?

Christian Enfors
Christian Enfors
3 years ago
Reply to  jjxtra

Hmm.. okey, then i seems to be a weird bug from my part. You don’t have any clue what could be casting my whole unity crash when I use both particle systems? Maybe I can reconstruct a small scene with just the crash and send you? What address should I e-mail to?

Christian Enfors
Christian Enfors
3 years ago
Reply to  jjxtra

Thanks you so much for all your help and your patience. Even if if I only used your free production I am very impressed with your support! However, I have reinstalled Unity now and got 5.5.2f1 and before I apparently only had 5.5.1f3. Now everything works perfect again so I guess it was a problem with the old version on Unity.

Thanks a bunch again for the support and an amazing product!

Justin Lee
Justin Lee
3 years ago

Hi, just want to ask before purchasing, do the lightning asset works on unity 5.4.2?

Thank you.

Adam
Adam
3 years ago

Hi Jeff, we use the Fingers plugin (version 3.0) in our project. So far we used  only the double tap gesture support. It works fine, we did not have any issues with it. Now are trying to use the pan gesture support, but it does not seem to work as expected.

If I add┬áDebug.Log(“pan = ” + gesture.State); to┬áPanGestureCallback() in┬áDemoScript I see the gesture statue is either ‘Possible’ or ‘Failed’, but never ‘Executing’, therefore the if inside this method is never executed.

Do you know what is wrong? Why pan gesture status is never ‘Executing’?

fengquan zhang
fengquan zhang
4 years ago

Dear Jeff´╝î

I need a model of earth´╝î and find it from the website´╝Ü

Your work is so good. I want to make a space game on Android phone. But the model cannot be used in Android. The lighting cannot be seen. So, I want to ask if have any problem about you modelŃÇéPlease check it and tell me how to use it on Android deviceŃÇéAnd the desk computer is good using your model.

The test device is sumsung phone S6.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Thank you so much!

10.13

greg
greg
4 years ago

Jeff the update worked no more freezing with lightning strikes ty for the fix and quick response to it now that its fully fuctional i love it even more and the audio for the thunderstorm is far better than the other weather assets I’ve purchased as well as the visual effects, wonderful work.

greg
greg
4 years ago

hello Jeff i purchased your Weather Maker for use in Unity projects and i love the asset but im having an issue with lightning strikes freezing my whole scene whenever a flash occurs, froze my scene on both PC’s and Mac. have you had this issue before or just with 5.4 Unity update?

Mark
Mark
4 years ago

Thanks for the great free Pyro Particle app. I am getting the following error with the flamethrower:

layer numbers must be between 0 and 31
UnityEngine.Physics:IgnoreLayerCollision(Int32, Int32)
DigitalRuby.PyroParticles.FireBaseScript:Awake() (at Assets/Special Effects/PyroParticles/Prefab/Script/FireBaseScript.cs:81)

Any thoughts about how I can resolve this issue?

Thanks again

phylony
phylony
4 years ago

hi  jjxtra,does the mirror support vr mode?

Allen
Allen
4 years ago

How can I update a previously created line? Is there any way or not? I have a series of line which make a big line, I need to update several lines in this series in order to update the big line.

Allen
Allen
4 years ago
Reply to  jjxtra

Hi Jeff, Thank you for adding ChangePosition method. However, there is a problem with that. While I’ve added 598 lines, I just can change position of first line (index 0), the only result of attempt to change any other line is an exception (ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range). I tried to trace it, here is the log info: Usage: // “4” is for rescale r.ChangePosition(i, firstPos, lastPos); // Here is the cause of problem List vertices = verticesLists[listIndex]; Trace log: { index: 0 // index I’ve passed listIndex: 0 // ChangePosition’s local variable verticesLists.Count: 1 } { index: 1… Read more »

Chris
Chris
4 years ago

Hi just updated the Procedural lightning and want to use the lighting on mesh effect, but my project is 5.1.4 and I have reasons to not update.  The description states only a few minor tweaks are needed to get it running on earlier versions.  Where can I find those tweaks and will that break it for my other more updated projects?

Thx.  Brilliant effects btw.

Chris
Chris
4 years ago
Reply to  jjxtra

I only get one initial compile error and after I swap out those lines I get this:

Assets/ProceduralLightning/Demo/Scripts/DemoPlayerControllerScript.cs(41,29): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `SceneManagement’ does not exist in the namespace `UnityEngine’. Are you missing an assembly reference?

There is no code to swap out on this one…

Chris
Chris
4 years ago
Reply to  Chris

If I comment out that and one other SceneManagement reference I get a slew of other UnityEngine reference errors on lines 114 to 120 of LightningBoltScript.cs… I hope I’m missing one silly little line somewhere…

Arthur
Arthur
4 years ago

While looking for lightning effects for our game, stumbled across your plugin.

I was quite fascinated by what i’ve seen at screenshots and vids but there are a lot of questions.

How resource-heavy is it? How much drawcalls does it use? Will our game lose a lot of performance with it?

Is there any way to study any impact on performance before buying it?

Josh
Josh
5 years ago

I just bought and have the lightning working in my 2d game.

The problem is that the thickness is HUGE  beyond imagining, like it takes up half my screen for the thickness of a bolt.

I have a ortho camera set to depth 6.

Is there sometime else I need to do?

Josh
Josh
5 years ago
Reply to  jjxtra

My scale is set to 1,1.
I lowered the trunk width in code but it looks segmented and the glow is wonky looking

Josh
Josh
5 years ago
Reply to  Josh

ok I am having more luck now

James K
James K
5 years ago

Hi,

How does Advanced Lightning perform on mobile? I would prefer not to buy it if I will only need to omit teh effects after profiling. ­čÖé

Thanks,

James

River
River
5 years ago

Hi,  can I have more than one mirror in a scene, and let mirrors reflect each other with Magic Mirror Reflection ?

It says it has recursion option for multiple mirrors in the introduction, but I found the first reviewer said “only ONE mirror can be in the scene “.

Lex
Lex
5 years ago

Do you know your webplayer demo for Lightning plugin doesn’t work?

I’m opening this page: http://www.digitalruby.com/download/temp/LightningGenerator/

And here’s what I see: http://c2n.me/3hZfLTj

The video is impressive. But if official demio doesn’t work… it kind of worries me and stops from buying it. I don’t need a stunning effect which only works in the editor won’t work in a browser game itself.

Lex
Lex
5 years ago
Reply to  jjxtra

Ah, my fault. Sorry for false alarm. Yes, they appear on spacebar.

After checking out several lightning assets I didn’t read the description and expected the effect on the demo would just appear. Sorry for false alarm.

But effect looks a little odd when many bolts are generated with short lifetime: http://c2n.me/3i0Rs6n
This becomes extremely noticeable when you press spacebar while moving the anchor. Sometimes bolts are not generated, only glow is there.

I’m going to buy it anyway now. Just letting you know about this strange behavior.

1 2 3 4