Unity Plugins

Welcome to my Unity assets. Please let me know of any feedback or bug reports.

Return Policy: If you are not amazingly satisfied for any reason within 14 days of purchase and I can’t fix your problem, contact me with your order information for a full refund.

Weather Maker – 2D and 3D Weather System
Procedural Lightning – GPU Based, Highly Robust
Fingers – Simple yet Powerful Gestures for Unity
Magic Mirror Reflection – Great Performance
Fast Line Renderer – Line & Particle System on the GPU
Pyro Particles – Fire and Spell Effects!
Rain Maker with Advanced Lighting
guest

169 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
Brian Mansfield
Brian Mansfield
3 months ago

I have been using FingersLite. I attached the Fingers Script to the camera and I have found I can rotate the view by manipulating the camera position and look at position. This works as long as there is a gameObject with a collider(?) behind the initial point of the tap. I see that the full version of Fingers Gestures supports camera pan, roate, etc. Does the full version require a gameObject in the background to rotate/pan/etc. the camera?

Brian Mansfield
Brian Mansfield
3 months ago
Reply to  jjxtra

I do have canvases, but turning them off does not seem to make a difference. I don’t get a touch in “empty space”.

Brian Mansfield
Brian Mansfield
3 months ago
Reply to  jjxtra

OK. FYI I did figure out my issue. There was a canvas that contained two panels that covered the entire canvas. The UI elements were at the extreme corners. All I needed to do was turn off ray cast target of the image of each panel. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Ted
Ted
3 months ago

Hey I have just purchased Weather Maker (6 days ago) but I am unsatisfied with the quality and would like a refund please Thanks

Josh
Josh
3 months ago

Weather Maker: Is there a way I can put the weather maker on a sorting layer (other than default)? I’m using 2d, and my background sprites are sorting over the weather maker (hiding the weather effects behind them). it works when I put all my sprite renderers on the default sorting layer, but I would prefer to use my sorting layers.

Josh
Josh
3 months ago
Reply to  jjxtra

thank you, I found it in Rain2d -> *ParticleSystem. This is a shot in the dark, but I’m using Smart Lighting, do you know if weather maker would have any adverse interactions with other lighting packages?

Jun
Jun
3 months ago

I am getting this compiler error after importing the lightning procedural lightning plugin: Assets\Plugins\WeatherMaker\Prefab\Editor\LightningBoltEditor.cs(26,26): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘LightningBoltScript’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Is it conflicting with the weather plugin?

Robert Hildebrand
4 months ago

I’ve just started to look at Fingers product and I can see that it has a lot of functionality. I’m only interested in detecting swipes and their direction and tap for my 2d mobile game. Would you be able to direct me to an appropriate demo and possibly what class files I would need to incorporate?

Nathan Brader
Nathan Brader
5 months ago

I’m using Weather Maker 5.0.1 so this may have been fixed: In the ‘WeatherMakerWindScript’ when you’re trying to lerp your magnitude and frequency values, you’re mistakenly calculating each in terms of the other (so they swap on every lerp).

gandra05
gandra05
6 months ago

Hi jjxtra,
i have install Weather Maker 5.9.8 with Unity 2019.3.0f6, but it seams i cant get it to work. Im using URP. There are not any errors in console. I import your three prefabs in new fresh created scene but when i play, sky i black, nothing from menu is not working.

Chris
Chris
6 months ago

Hi jjxtra – Two questions. 1) I’m using Pyro Particles and it’s fantastic except that it causes pretty major lag when used in a project I am making for the Oculus Quest. Do you have any suggestions for how I might be able to improve its performance for use with Mobile VR? 2) I am considering buying Weather Maker but that would also be for an Oculus Quest project so I wanted to check in advance if you know how that package performs on the Quest or other mobile VR platforms. Any guidance would be much appreciated!

Chris
Chris
6 months ago
Reply to  jjxtra

Thank you very much!

waruban
waruban
6 months ago

Hi jjxtra, love your assets. A quick question regarding the Rainprefab2D that you built. First, it works perfectly well. But is there any way to only use the mist? I think that the mist needs at least some rain in order to appear and was wondering if it is possible to make only mist being displayed on the screen for some scenes of my game. Thanks in advance !

waruban
waruban
6 months ago
Reply to  jjxtra

that was a fast reply ! thanks. I already tried that but did not succeed. However, if you say that it is possible to only deactivate it, I will try again. Thank you for the tip

Carl
Carl
6 months ago

Hello. We’re using Weather Maker on Unity 2019.1.8, and it works fine on Windows, but on Mac the lighting from the “sun” object turns the scene black. Is this a known issue on Mac, any thoughts on how it can be fixed? Thanks!

Carl
Carl
6 months ago
Reply to  jjxtra

Thanks for the quick reply, Jeff! I updated the project, and the lighting now seems fixed in the editor. However, it remains black in builds, so I tried to remove and reimport the Weather Maker asset into my project. I get a couple of errors, most seeming to revolve around “WeatherMakerSkyboxLUT not found”, when it tries to run a ComputeShader function in the AtmosphereProfileScript. I’ve tried opening WM in a blank 2019.2 project, and it works fine, so it seems odd that when I import it fresh into my current 2019.2 project that it would act differently. Any ideas as… Read more »

Gage Mettenbrink
Gage Mettenbrink
7 months ago

Hey Jeff! I’m really enjoying your Procedural Lightning asset, however I cannot use it in game unless I somehow import the script into a particle effect. Could you let me know how to do that? Thanks!

Gary Turner
Gary Turner
7 months ago

Hi Jeff. A heard you are working Weather Maker Pro which is apparently in Beta. Can you share the main features of the new asset?

Andy
Andy
8 months ago

Hi Jeff
Considering getting your Weather Maker asset for my project, just need to check will it work on an Oculus Go vr headset? Thanks
Andy

Ludmila Bakhtina
8 months ago

Dear Jeff, thanks a lot for you beautiful asset LightningBolt. Could you please help me with changing the ChaosFactor form another script?

I did the following, but it does not work:

public class ChaosImpulse : MonoBehaviour
{
DigitalRuby.LightningBolt.LightningBoltScript _BoltScript;

public void ChaosImpulseNet()
{
_BoltScript.ChaosFactor = 0.5f;
}
}

Jules
Jules
9 months ago

Is HDRP coming to Weather Maker?

Elvin
Elvin
9 months ago

What are the copyright laws for these plugins?

Hsin-Chien Huang
9 months ago

Hi Jeff:
I am using the Magic Mirror Pro – Recursive Edition on my VR project. It seems that the reflected objects are not rendered with the fog setting. Do I miss something? Thanks!

Hsin-Chien Huang
9 months ago
Reply to  jjxtra

would it be possible to fix it? Thanks!

Alain Dubus
Alain Dubus
10 months ago

reflection problem
Can not remove the reflection of the point light in the mirror.

Alain Dubus
Alain Dubus
10 months ago
Reply to  jjxtra

It’s OK now. I changed the specular

Brandon_Gui123
Brandon_Gui123
10 months ago

Hi Jeff! I fell in love with Tween upon seeing how easy it is to use. This has saved me time from writing lines and lines of code. Unfortunately, I can’t perform transitions correctly using unscaled time. But, I managed to make some changes to the code and now the tweens can use unscaled time.

Although my coding standard is rather unprofessional, I’d still like to show you what I did to incorporate this and maybe you can use it for the next update 🙂

Artem
Artem
11 months ago

Hello!
I have some broblems with Fingers plugin (full version). It worls fine, but the whole screen surface fires EventSystem.current.IsPointerOverGameObject() on click. So I can`t work with UI and other graphics together. I use AlphaRaycaster plugin for complex shape of UI elements. So it’s impossible to use EventSystem for UI elements detection.