Introducing DRColorPicker for iOS – Top Color Picker for iOS
Top Color Picker for iOS
I’m pleased to announce that I am open-sourcing the color picker I built for You Doodle under the MIT license. I call this the DRColorPicker (Digital Ruby Color Picker). I spent dozens of hours creating and refining this color picker. You can use it in just about any app imaginable. DRColorPicker let’s you do anything with colors. Manage favorites, import textures, pick by RGB and more! DRColorPicker is available via Cocoa Pods or github.
I’ve used many color pickers in the last few years. I’ve tried to take the best of each and combine them into DRColorPicker.
DRColorPicker is a world class color picker for iOS. Here is the full list of features:
- Supports any resolution, portrait and landscape, and works on iPhone and iPad
- Allows favorite colors, recent colors, colors by hue, color wheel or import of texture
- Color wheel shows the RGB color and allows changing the color by typing an RGB value
- Alpha of color can be changed
- State is saved and loaded automatically to / from a JSON file, textures are saved to files
- Textures can be stored in JPEG 2000 (default) or PNG
- Texture de-duplication ensures that only one version of each texture is stored
- Favorites can be managed by long-tapping on a color
- Imports colors from the NEO Color Picker automatically
- Works great on iOS 6 and iOS 7 (and iOS 8).
- iOS 6 or greater
- ARC enabled for the color picker source code
- Modules enabled for the project (i.e. @import …)
To use the color picker in your project, simply add the DRColorPickerExample/DRColorPicker folder to your iOS project. The DRColorPickerExample folder contains a sample project with a view controller that will show you how to setup and display the color picker.